Monday, January 5, 2009

Music Monday: Flightless Bird, American Mouth

Oh well, please allow me to rant about my being a Twilight addict. It has been a month since I have watched the movie, and at that I have watched it 6 times already (5 times in the theaters and once over the internet). But my being ga-ga over this flick did not just end at the movie house. Thanks to a generous person, he emailed me the 4 ebooks of the Twilight saga and in less than two weeks I was already engrossed.

Okay, since this post is a Music Monday, here's my part of the meme. In relation to the most favorite movie that I have at the moment, this feature song is from the movie's official soundtrack, and if you have watched the movie, it was played during the prom scene. I fell in love with this song and it brought me back to my high school days, although the song itself is not a love song (haha!). By the way, this will be my first music monday on this blog... although I have already joined previously in my other blog.



Lyrics:

I was a quick wet boy, diving too deep for coins
All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys
Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair
Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere

Have I found you
Flightless bird, jealous, weeping or lost you, american mouth
Big pill looming

Now I'm a fat house cat
Nursing my sore blunt tongue
Watching the warm poison rats curl through the wide fence cracks
Pissing on magazine photos
Those fishing lures thrown in the cold
And clean blood of Christ mountain stream

Have I found you
Flightless bird, grounded, bleeding or lost you, american mouth
Big pill stuck going down


- - - - - - - - - -




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, I must admit I have not watched the movie. I like the music and can't wait to see how this plays with the movie. :)

Shemah said...

Cool song! First time hearing it.. haven't watched Twilight yet. However, it's pretty hard for me to make sense of the lyrics.. but still, I really like this song.. I find myself replaying this song over again! :) LOL!

Thanks for sharing. For a first time listener, I like it alot! :)

LadyJava said...

Never heard this one but catchy!!

Have you thought about putting the links here.. might entice your readers to join as well :)

Rozella said...

Mmm.... I love this song. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool! I saw the movie, enjoyed the song, but hadn't seen it or the lyrics! Thanks! :)

PlowandPony said...

I too am a Twilight Addict. Is there recovery for this? A bite to the neck perhaps? LOL. I read all 4 books before I saw the movie. Luckily my son's gf lent them to me. Good thing too or I would have went off the deep end if I didn't have the book to follow the next book..You can read a short couple posts on my blog.

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.
Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008